The Way to Go to Martha’s Vineyard!
Martha’s Vineyard is just seven miles off the coast of Cape Cod. With the Steamship Authority, the trip from Woods Hole to this delightful Island takes just 45 minutes. And you have your choice of two ports for your arrival: Vineyard Haven or Oak Bluffs (May-October).
Click here to watch a video about traveling to Martha's Vineyard with the Steamship Authority.
Enjoy the many benefits of traveling with the Steamship Authority:
- Lowest fares, year-round service, and the most frequent daily departures
- Free Wi-Fi on-board all vessels and at all of our terminals
- On-board snack bars offer refreshments including beer, wine and mixed drinks, as well as a variety of hot and cold menu items
- Comfortable seating with modern amenities
- Martha’s Vineyard Sightseeing Tour tickets available for purchase at our terminals (Mid-April – October)
Once you get there, you’ll find something for everyone, including:
- Historic sea captains’ homes, charming gingerbread cottages, a quaint fishing village, five majestic lighthouses and the nation’s oldest operating carousel.
- Miles of pristine beaches, dramatic clay cliffs, rural landscapes and picturesque waterways.
- Six distinctive towns, book stores, boutiques, galleries, world-class dining, arts performances, museums and more.
- Lots of outdoor activities, including bicycling, golfing, fishing, kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, hiking and more.
- Unique island events.
To see more of the fun and interesting things you can do on Martha’s Vineyard, click here.
Click here for helpful Visitor Travel Tips.