The Way to Go to Nantucket!
Nantucket is located 26 miles from Cape Cod’s mainland port of Hyannis. Take a leisurely 2 hour and 15 minute voyage on our traditional ferries from Hyannis to Nantucket. Or ride in style and luxury on board our seasonal high-speed passenger-only ferry, the M/V Iyanough, which gets you to Nantucket in just one hour. Enjoy the many benefits of traveling with the Steamship Authority:
- Lowest fares, year-round service, and the most frequent daily departures
- Convenient public transportation links to our docks
- Avis/Budget Car Rental service is available at the Hyannis Terminal
- Free Wi-Fi on-board all vessels and at all of our terminals
- On-board snack bars offer refreshments including beer, wine and mixed drinks, as well as a variety of hot and cold menu items
- Comfortable seating with modern amenities
- Nantucket Sightseeing Tour and Nantucket Whaling Museum tickets are available for purchase at our Ticket Offices (Mid-April through October)
Once you get there, you’ll find something for everyone, including:
- Stately sea captains’ homes, charming rose-covered cottages, cobblestone streets, historic sites, fascinating museums and hidden gardens.
- Miles of pristine beaches, roaring surf, windswept moors, picturesque harbors and scenic bike trails.
- Distinctive boutiques, local crafts, book stores, galleries, art performances, world-class dining and more.
- Lots of outdoor activities, including biking, golfing, fishing, kayaking, surfing, windsurfing, whale watching, sailing, hiking, and more.
To see more of the fun and interesting things you can do on Nantucket, click here.
Taking the High-Speed Passenger Ferry, M/V Iyanough?
The high-speed ferry passenger pick-up/drop-off area at the Hyannis Terminal features a large shelter with bench seats where you can enjoy views of Hyannis Harbor. You can drive right up to the high-speed ferry slip, drop off your luggage and/or other travelers, and then park your car in one of our premium parking spaces located at the Hyannis Terminal (limited spaces available) or in one of our off-site parking lots. Our complimentary shuttle service brings you to and from the off-site parking lots. And during the summer season, you can purchase high-speed passenger-only ferry tickets from our ticket booth, located just steps away from the boarding ramp, open from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Click here for helpful Visitor Travel Tips.